Are you looking for the next step or new challenge, in your marketing career? Have you built fantastic client relationships and engaged with their key audiences? We are a fast paced, B2B manufacturing and technology PR agency, who are looking to recruit a Senior Account Executive. We’re looking for an experienced PR professional with at least two years PR and social media experience, who’ll enjoy working across a portfolio of B2B brands. The successful Senior Account Executive will become an integral part of our agency who are proud to be helping UK and international manufacturing and technology clients with integrated, high quality PR, marketing and communications services.
What you’ll be doing:
Working with an account director, you will be responsible for implementing the strategies and activities as detailed by your account directors, as well as proactively looking for opportunities or devising ideas to contribute to the team. However, you should also be fairly self-sufficient, capable of running smaller accounts virtually on your own, with minimal guidance from directors.
You’ll craft blog and social content and manage community building and management across social media channels, but it’s not all digital. You’ll be drafting press releases and nurturing relationships with clients as well as key media contacts in national trade media.
Driving the media relations programme for all clients, reacting to media enquiries and proactively looking for opportunities, working alongside directors and other team members.
Developing a full understanding of how the media works in the particular areas in which you operate – opportunities available, building relationships with journalists etc.
Running the features programmes for all clients, understanding the business issues or product requirements to sell in features. Identifying opportunities; liaising with account directors or clients on suitable approaches and drafting copy, as well as pitching ideas into the media
Client deliver and strategy identifying feature opportunities, understanding the business issues or product requirements to sell in features.
Taking a brief from a client and writing coherent and factually accurate press releases and copy that requires minimal amends from directors and clients of the highest quality
Reviewing and proofing all written material
Being proactive in all media for clients, constantly looking for opportunities where additional media coverage could be achieved above and beyond the client’s brief.
Confident approach to all journalists with both verbal and non-verbal communications, Business to business, trade and consumer. Sell in ideas and discuss opportunities
Handling client’s social media accounts such as their Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn page, deliver analytics reports on social media, reporting on traffic, engagement and follower figures. Assisting with content creation for social media channels along with the account directors.
Writing monthly activity reports, quarterly/annual client reviews.
Handling and overseeing all administration for accounts including filing, press cuttings etc. to ensure the smooth running of the business
Ensuring press coverage is delivered to clients in a timely fashion
Assisting in the organisation of events as well as sometimes attending events; ranging from workshops, press days, training days, photo & video shoots, webinars etc. on behalf of clients and 4CM.
Creating accurately written communications, both internally and externally to colleagues, clients and journalists
Taking ownership of meeting preparations, ensuring that all agendas, meeting notes, monthly reports etc. are produced, and liaising with manager/director on requirements for meeting, Participating in meetings and presentations to existing clients
Undertaking media and administration desk research for new business pitches and current client programmes as required
Why work for us:
We are a close-knit, friendly team of talented and dynamic individuals who turn awesome ideas into commercial success for our clients. We are one of the most established and fastest growing marketing, PR and digital agencies in the UK. Our clients are B2B, global leaders in science, engineering and technology serving a diverse range of sectors – from automotive and aerospace right through to laboratories and much more. Thanks to this focus, our world is fast paced as we keep up to date with the latest innovations.
We are a fully remote agency, and the team communicates through regular Teams calls for work and when possible, we have a range of social events and company treats. We support flexible working and have a structured career development and training opportunities. We even finish at 1.30pm on a Friday.
- Must have 2 years PR and social media experience – must be able to multitask, prioritise and plan ahead
- Agency experience preferred
- Strong all-rounder, with proven experience of delivering outstanding PR and social media results for clients
- Must be skilled in putting together campaign plans for projects/clients – including research, ideas and budgeting
- Proven experience in planning and executing strategic social media campaigns (organic and paid for), including content creation and community management (stand alone and in conjunction with PR and marketing campaigns.)
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients
- Evidence of having built effective relationships with journalists with the drive and skills to build your contact list further
- Strong knowledge of both traditional and digital media landscapes
- Writing skills across a wide range of formats including press releases and social media.
- The desire and ambition to learn and improve your PR and Marketing knowledge
- The interpersonal skills to develop strong working relationships and work collaboratively – a team player with a positive attitude
- Highly proficient in Microsoft office
What’s on offer
- Competitive salary £20,000 to £25,000 dependent on experience
- Pension scheme
- 1.30pm Finish on Fridays
- Full training programme and continued training courses
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Christmas shut down
- Childcare vouchers
If you would like to apply for this position, then please submit your details using the form below. Thank you.